Sunday, June 18, 2017

A Father's Day Chocolate Cream Pie

My Mom and Dad came up this weekend for Father's Day Weekend, one of the perks of us moving back to the Pacific Northwest. My Dad requested a Chocolate Cream Pie. I had never made one before so this was my first attempt. I built it off of the the delicious recipe found here:


I did make a few changes. My sister, who was also coming, isn't a fan of Oreos and we also had graham crackers on hand. I lined the bottom of the spring form pan with parchment paper. I made graham cracker crust by crushing 1 pkg of crackers, adding 2 tablespoons of melted butter, mixing well and pressing them into the bottom of the pan.


I followed the recipe just as stated on the webpage for the chocolate custard, however, for the sake of ease when sending my husband to the store, I had him pick up 8 oz of dark chocolate Ghirardelli melting chips with an extra oz to grate on top and placate hungry cute children.


I made the custard Friday night and put my silicone lid on top before refrigeration. It worked out fine but it did leave a few condensation drop spots. I ended up doubling the amount of whip cream. In the future, I would like to double the amount of the chocolate custard. I felt the layer was too thin and the cream a bit too thick.



That being said, the family was quite happy with it and that's all that matters. It'll be fun though to try it again in the future, maybe next Father's day!


No comments:

Post a Comment