Saturday, October 21, 2017

Super Craft Saturday, I Can Do All Things


I was asked to teach a craft for a 'super Saturday' activity at our church this weekend. It was my first time teaching in this type of setting. I made the example about a month ago to put on display and we had twenty-eight that had signed up. It was a little crazy at times but it was a lot of fun. I would definitely be up for doing it again.


The wooden tile was approximately 16"x16" and the vinyl saying was purchased from silhouette store (for personal use only, so each one was purchased individually) if anyone would like to do it. We glued a ribbon around the edge. Found the correct placement for the vinyl, marked it with a pencil, peeled, applied, pressed, peeled, whala! For the most part, the craft was fairly straight forward. The only tricky part was application since the piece was so big and unforgiving. Luckily, all came out successfully.


These stands came from Amazon and seemed to hold it quite well. I think once my piano is cleared from Holiday decor, that is where I'd like to display my finished piece.

There definitely is a trick to peeling it off just right.


No comments:

Post a Comment