Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Weekend Crafting Retreat

Weekend Crafting Retreat

This weekend, I left my kiddos and my husband (for the first time ever) and went out to a lodge on a beautiful lake and spent the weekend crafting and visiting with old and new friends.


Our 'crafting' and 'quilting' space. Click to view larger.

I worked on three different things over the weekend. I offered a craft for scrabble tiles, worked on t-shirts and the majority of my time was spent on decorations for my kiddo's birthdays.

Scrabble Tiles

These our my customized scrabble tiles:

I sell them completed for $2 a tile but I also offer them in kits for $1 a tile. Most people did the "Home" version, with states like Washington, Utah, Michigan and Missouri. The one below was a lady who wanted "Ocean" to match a theme in her home.



Birthdays

The majority of my time was spent on crafts for my kid's birthdays. My son wanted a theme related to his favorite Netflix show. My daughter wanted Fairies. While crafting, I did a lot of little things, like home made wands and cupcake toppers, along with birthday invitations but I did some bigger crafts that my daughter can use as bedroom decor as well. These are pictured below.

I used a gold gift bag from the dollar store to make the circles. The other half of the bag I used to make golden fairy silhouettes for cupcake toppers.


It was fun coming home and seeing their faces as I pulled things out one-by-one for their parties. I don't know if I can do it every year but it certainly was fun for this year!

I purchased the fairies from the Silhouette Store.



T-Shirts

Lara Allsopps shared these first two files with me. Aren't they amazing? I did the upside down shirt for my husband. The weeding was tedious but it was worth it to see how pleased he was to have it. If we decide to dress down for Halloween this next year, I think these would be fun matching couple shirts to wear.



I also made another one of my tribal shirts to thank and surprise (haha hopefully she's not reading this before she gets it) my sister-in-law who lives in the tri-cities.


You know that thought, "If I could just craft for hours", well it was a dream come true. It was a lot of fun, I got a lot done. I strengthened friendships and made many new ones. It was so good being home with my family but I would be excited and up for another one next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment