Sunday, July 2, 2017

Grandma's Wheat Bread

My Mom used to have to make their bread growing up. My grandma always said, "Your husband will thank me someday". Just to give my mom a hard time, my dad did go and thank my grandma, in a teasing way, although having fresh baked bread is always delicious. Having freshly ground wheat also adds to the nutrition. These days, even if you are going for all natural, simple ingredients, it still more cost efficient to buy bread, especially if you live near the bakery we do. That being said, when my mom was remodeling her house and needed everything out and I needed some wheat ground, I gladly 'baby-sat' her wheat grinder for her.

There's something about using mom's wheat grinder and grandma's bread recipe on a cool summer's day that is the essence of nostalgia. Add in your husband's fresh home made 5-berry jam. We are a bit spoiled at our house.


PC: Yvonne Krieger (My mom :) )


She wanted to 'model' the toast for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment