Saturday, December 9, 2017

Stocking Hanger Plaque

I wanted to use our fireplace for our banner and I didn't want to nail the stockings into the wall, so I created a stocking hanger plaque for the wall. I also love the antique look so it allowed me the flexibility to create the look I wanted. You can find these knobs at various places including Home Goods and Pier 1. 


After my sweet husband, with his assistant, cut it, I painted the board, this one was pine, since it is a lighter wood. Once it was dry, I sanded down the edges with a courser sand paper.


I measured 5 inches between each knob (the board was 30" total)


I then cut vinyl and place it above the pencil points for the knobs.


My husband used his dremel to drill holes and screwed the knobs in and then shortened the backs to the edge of the wood. He then nailed on mounting brackets.


Our stockings are now ready to go! One for each of us and for our dog Willa too!


No comments:

Post a Comment